Derby Days Parade 2017
Sponsored by Morristown Matters
Saturday, July 29th 11am start time!
- If pets are part of your entry, keep them safe & under control. Remember that the pavement is hot & can cause injury to animals.
- An adult or older sibling should accompany young children during the parade
- Line up starts at 9:45am. Judging starts at 10:15am. You must be in line by 10:15am to be eligible for prizes.
- Enter on Patterson Street- By Village Pantry! - $1 fee per entry (see below for additional info)
- Unlicensed drivers of a motorized vehicle of any type must stay in their designated area during line-up and parade
- Unlicensed drivers may NOT throw candy, trinkets, etc while in motion during the parade (Adults riding with unlicensed drivers are permitted to throw candy, trinkets, etc)
- Reminder: It is unlawful for unlicensed drivers to run vehicles on public streets except on the parade route.
- NEW LAW AS OF JULY 1st, 2017 REQUIRES ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO WEAR A HELMET WHILE ON AN ATV AT ALL TIMES! THIS INCLUDES THE DERBY DAYS PARADE!!!!
Prizes Parade Fee
Prizes will be given to the following categories:
Best theme related Youth
Best theme related Adult
Most colorful Youth
Most colorful Adult
Judges Choice Youth #1
Judges Choice Youth #2
Judges Choice Adult #1
Judges Choice Adult #2
There will be a $1 entry fee as follows:
$1 per individual entry (ATV, Bicycle, Convertible, Sports car, 4x4 Truck, Horse, Golf Cart, Tractor, etc)
$1 per float (Trailer pulled by tractor or truck)
$1 per group of walking (teams, organizations, bands etc)
$1 per group of motorized (if all motorized vehicles are identical)
Exception: Derby Cars entering the Scout Race will NOT be charged a fee